Good with outstanding areas of practice
In March this year we had our first Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection since our hospice building was opened in 2018.
We are pleased to tell you that the CQC published its inspection report in May and rated our children’s hospice service as GOOD. The inspectors also identified some outstanding areas of practice, including:
- There was a strong family centred culture where families, as well as the children and young people within the hospice’s care were supported.
- Staff were focussed on the needs of the whole family and took action to address these needs in a way that was flexible, and person centred,
- Service leaders welcomed challenge and had developed an open and transparent culture at all levels.
- Staff went the extra mile in their care and were committed to find ways to make a difference to children, young people, and their families.
- Staff got to know children, young people and their families as individuals, and built up a strong rapport with them to enable innovative care.
- The links with local NHS both in terms of increasing awareness of the service and enabling staff to maintain clinical competencies in skills not often practiced in the hospice setting was outstanding.
The full CQC report can viewed here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-3969537495
Need our help?
The word hospice should not seem scary and getting support from us doesn’t have to mean a child’s death is imminent. Helping to enrich the lives of the children and their families is at the heart of our service, our end of life and bereavement support is just a part of what we do.
Our children’s hospice service covers the whole of Berkshire and into surrounding counties. If you think your child may be eligible for our services, please do get in touch.
Alexander Devine on Facebook
Copyright © 2019 Alexander Devine Children's Hospice Service. UK Registered Charity No. 1118947.